2704 East Tower, Tektite Towers, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City, Metro Manila (632) 8632-0905 firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirement for Corporations Partnerships, Associations, and Individuals to Create and/or Designate E-mail Account Address and Cellphone Number for Transactions with the Commission
Corporations, Associations, Partnerships, Persons under the jurisdiction and supervision of the SEC (“Covered Entities/Persons”)
To facilitate and expedite the transmission and receipt of official online communications with the SEC. Online correspondences with the SEC include transactions, applications, letters, requests, papers, pleadings, filed by Covered Entities/Persons; as well as the notice, letter-replies, orders, and decisions issued by the SEC.
Deadlines to remember:
1. Submission of Covered Entities/Persons Form: 60 days from publication of the Circular in the Official Gazette or in two (2) newspapers of general circulation.
2. Inclusion of Information in GIS and NUF: starting 23 Feb 2021
Covered Persons shall submit the following information to the SEC within 60 days from the effectivity of the Rules (NOTE: No specific date yet as the SEC Circular has yet to be published in the Official Gazette or in newspapers. We will update this Advisory when the information becomes available.):
• Valid official e-mail address;
• Valid official cellular phone number;
• Valid alternate e-mail address; and
• Valid alternate cellular phone number.
The above contact information shall be in the control of the following:
TYPE OF ORGANIZATION PERSON IN CONTROL PERSON IN CONTROL
- Domestic Corporation Corporate Secretary or Duly authorized representative
- Corporation Sole Person charged with administration and management or Duly authorized representative
- Foreign Corporation Resident agent or Duly authorized representative
Partnership Managing partner or Duly authorized representative
One Person Corporation/ Natural Persons Individual or Duly authorized representative
Valid email address
• Existing email address with at least 1GB of unused memory space at any given time
• The official email address of a covered person may be the official email address of another; provided that the official and alternate of the covered person are not the same.
• If principal place of business has no internet access, only the cellphone numbers shall be required
Valid cellphone number
• Existing mobile phone number from any telecom in the Philippines
• The official cellphone number of a covered person may be the official email address of another; provided that the official and alternate of the covered person are not the same
Change in information
Notice to SEC must be submitted within 5 days from the date of change, accompanied by a Certificate of Authorization.
Penalty for non-compliance: Php10,000
*For further information and reference, attached herewith is a copy of SEC Memorandum Circular No. 28, S. 2020